Social self-care is about just having fun with the people that matter to you. Socialising helps to increase positive health outcomes. This area of self-care is not measured by the quantity but rather the quality of the social ties. Social self-care is not about being a people pleaser, it is about feeling connected to those around us.
Here are some ideas of social self-care activities:
- Having a family dinner.
- Join a team or group.
- Host a games night.
- Take a walk with someone.
- Girls night out/in.
- Date night.
- Calling a friend/ family member.
- Book club.
- Games night with friends.
- Spend time with those that lift your sprits up.
- Spend time with those that encourage you and not those that are just an influence.
- Always take time to laugh.