Remember that spiritual self-care is not always in relation to religion. It is a broader concept. Spirituality is putting emphasis on the well-being of the mind, body, and spirit. This area of self-care can be seen as holistic as it is about looking after the mind, body and spirit.
The aim of spiritual self-care is to quieten the mind, connect to something bigger, experience more inner peace, gain clarity on what makes you happy, diminish feelings of isolation and loneliness and deepen relationship with self.
Now that we have an understanding of what spiritual self-care and the aim, lets explore some ideas of activities of spiritual self-care.
- Practice yoga.
- Be in nature, take a walk in nature.
- Unplug from technology.
- Practice forgiveness.
- Practice gratitude.
- Positive self talk.
- Random Act of Kindness.
- Find affirmations that ground your sense of self and purpose.
- Find meaning and purpose in life.
- Practice in religious activities (if you are religious).
- Take time for yourself, time to be alone.
“Self-care can help you grow closer to your self and help you grow spiritually.”