Mental self-care is about decluttering our mind and reducing stress levels. There are many different ways to do this and different things might work for different people. This area of self-care is important to do each day to make sure that we can mange our stress and be our best selves each day. Mental self-care is also about continual personal growth and keeping your mind sharpe.
Here is a list of some things you could do for some mental self-care:
- Keep a diary/ journal, to write down your emotions, brain dump pages.
- Make lists, so that you are able to focus your energy on the right and important things.
- Have some ‘me time’. Take some time out.
- Take a relaxing bath to clear our mind and relax.
- Learn to say ‘NO’ and not feel guilty.
- Have positive people in your life.
- Reward yourself for the small wins in life.
- Learn a new skill.
- Try something new or find a new hobby.
- Read a book.
- Do a puzzle.
- Practice self compassion, keeping a positive inner dialogue.
- Forgive yourself.
- Practice positive self talk.